Terms & Conditions
Your entry into To Know Better competition (Competition) shall be subject to the following terms and conditions (T&C). Information on how to enter the Competition and the prize(s) form part of these T&C.
- The Competition is open to students aged 13 and over.
- Employees and immediate families of OC Human Relations (the Promoter) and associated agencies are not eligible to enter the Competition. Immediate families include spouse, child or stepchild (including by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- By entering the Competition, you warrant that you meet the entry requirements and accept all conditions detailed in these T&C.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible to enter the Competition, or who has breached any of these T&C, or who has engaged in unlawful or improper misconduct compromising the fair and just running of the Competition. Further, the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry or individual entering the Competition at any time.
- therwise stated in these T&C, you are not required to purchase any goods or products from the Promoter in order to enter the Competition. Note: purchasing goods or products will not increase your chances of winning.
How to Enter
- The Competition commences on October 15th 2020 at midnight and closes on November 23rd 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Competition Period); all entries must be received within the Competition Period.
- To enter the Competition, you must visit toknowbetteroc.com, and do as follows:
- Step 1: Create a piece of multi-media (.mp4, .jpeg or .pdf file) that relates to the topic of educating peers on the issue of hate incidents or hate crimes, especially surrounding members of the Asian Pacific Islander (API) population as a result of bias due to COVID-19
- Step 2: Submit the original piece of multi-media through the website. Note: you must fill out the form for entry to be submitted, including information on school attendance, team name, etc.
- Multiple entries are not permitted by a person or team; only one (1) entry per person or team is permitted in total. However, multiple entries per school are permitted, so long as they are separate teams.
- Late, incomplete, indecipherable, discriminatory or otherwise offensive entries will be deemed invalid and disqualified.
- Five (5) winners will be selected at $5,000 per prize for their school to put towards anti-hate initiatives, as well as towards publicizing the media in Orange County and beyond. Total prize pool is US$25,000.
- The prize, or any portion thereof, shall not be transferrable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter. There will be no compensation paid to third parties if the winner is for some reason unable to accept their prize.
- Additional or ancillary costs due to acceptance of any prize shall not be included and shall be the responsibility of the winner of such prize.
- Each prize is subject to availability at the time of selection. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize for equal or greater value due to any licensing and/or state regulations.
- Each prize must be redeemed within 60-days of the draw or selection date.
- The selection will take place at OC Human Relations on December 18th
- The Promoter will review all eligible entries and, at its sole discretion, will select five (5) winning entries (Prize Winners), whose decision will be final and binding on all entrants.
- One (1) winner shall be selected from each of the following districts:
- First District (Fountain Valley (Portions of), Garden Grove, Midway City, Santa Ana, Westminster)
- Second District: (Buena Park (Portions of), Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley (Portions of), Huntington Beach, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Stanton)
- Third District: (Anaheim (Portions of), Irvine (Portions of), Orange, Tustin, Villa Park, Yorba Linda)
- Fourth District: (Anaheim (Portions of), Brea, Buena Park (Portions of), Fullerton, La Habra, Placentia)
- Fifth District: (The Cities of Aliso Viejo, Dana Point, Irvine (portion of), Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, and the unincorporated communities of Coto de Caza, Emerald Bay, Ladera Ranch, Las Flores, Rancho Mission Viejo, Stonecliffe, Trabuco Canyon (portion of), and Wagon Wheel)
- Each Prize Winner will be notified via telephone or email no later than December 30th Upon acceptance of the Prize, the Prize Winner’s name will be published on the Promoter’s website at https://toknowbetteroc.com, and may be published on the Promoter’s social media profiles.
- Each prize must be claimed by the Prize Winner no later than sixty (60) days of being given notice.
- Note: third parties may also have terms and conditions that apply to each prize, to which Prize Winners must agree in order to redeem or participate in such prize.
Liability and Release
- Your entry into the Competition confirms that you own all necessary intellectual property to or comprising your entry.
- As a condition of entering the Competition, you hereby grant the Promoter, supplier and their affiliates irrevocable, royalty-free rights to use, reproduce, modify and republish any material created as a result of entry into the Competition, including but not limited to your competition entry, photographs, sound recordings, video recordings and any intellectual property rights; further, you acknowledge that you are not entitled to any fee or payment for such rights.
- Each Prize Winner may be required to enter into a formal release in a form prescribed by the Promoter; failure to grant such release may result in forfeiture of such prize.
- Any personal information submitted to the Promoters will be held in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Note, however, that the Promoter may disclose the personal information of entrants to suppliers and affiliates in order to administer or otherwise run the Competition. Further, personal information collected during the Competition may be used for direct marketing purposes.
- The Promoter is OC Human Relations (Tax ID #33-0438086) located at 1801 E. Edinger Street, Suite 115, Santa Ana, CA, 92705. The Promoter may be contacted by telephone at (714) 480-6570, or by email at email@example.com.